Diet for the THIRD Trimester of Pregnancy ...
The third trimester typically begins from the 28th week and lasts till about the 40th week of pregnancy. Here are a few best foods for third trimester pregnancy diet, woman should definitely include unless your doctor has mentioned otherwise.
At this stage, your baby requires a lot of protein. This will help in developing the muscles and tissues during the third trimester.
- Most protein rich foods are also high in iron and zinc content. Iron helps prevent low birth weight and premature delivery. Zinc helps in producing enzymes and insulin.
- A few food items that you can include now are beans, chicken, , green salads, milk .
Eggs are a super healthy treat for your baby and you at this stage.
- Eggs contain a nutrient called choline that aids in the proper functioning of cells. This is extremely important for your baby at this stage as it plays an important role in rapid development.
- Choline is also essential for memory development in your baby. Having choline in adequate amounts will also reduce your baby’s risk of pancreatic or renal growth disorder.
- You can have eggs as scrambled, hard boiled or even omelets.
Fish is an extremely healthy food that you should definitely have during the third trimester.
Pregnancy is a delicate matter.
- Salmon / River Fishes in India is extremely rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Your baby’s brain is developing real fast in the third trimester, and Omega 3 fatty acids will aid in that growth.
- Salmon/ Fishes in India also contains a good amount of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). This fatty acid promotes formation and development of your baby’s nervous system.
- Add your favorite herbs to Fish and grill or broil it. Add in walnuts and other healthy foods to make it even healthier.
These are a great snack option that can also be added to other dishes.
- Nuts have a good amount of healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
- These are also a good snack option as you don’t feel like eating too much during the last trimester. When you feel full, it is safe to snack healthy and avoid heavy meals.
- Add nuts like pistachios, walnuts, and cashews to your cereal or have them simply.
- Papayas are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, fiber and folate.
- It also acts as a natural remedy for fighting and preventing heart burn that is very common during this stage.
- Remember that you should avoid eating unripe papaya. It has pepsin that can induce contractions and induce early labor.
Here are a few food ideas you can try during the third trimester, with healthy variations:
- Porridge with low fat milk.
- Apple, kiwi, papaya, melons, berries, orange, strawberry, pear – in the form of juice, as a whole, or shakes.
- Chickpea and rice.
- Hummus and pitta bread.
- Whole meal toast.
- Beetroot, spinach, and potato – in the form of soup, salads, grilled, and sautéed.
- Sweet corn.
- Walnuts and dried fruits.
Enjoy these last months of pregnancy by eating healthy and feeling good about it. There is a wide variety of food items you can safely choose from and include in your daily diet. Try out new recipes and rustle up some delicious meals at home with your partner! This is also a good time to bond as a couple!