- Women are Twice as likely to struggle with anxiety as men are.
- Anxiety and depression often come hand in hand. Many people who suffer from depression are also diagnosed with an anxiety disorder at some point in their lives.
- Social anxiety disorder usually begins around adolescence . Thirty-six percent of people with social anxiety disorder report experiencing symptoms
What is nutritional therapy?
Nutritional therapy maximizes health potential by making nutritional and lifestyle changes based upon our individual needs. A scientifically-backed approach to adjusting our nutrition intake based upon our unique strengths and challenges, nutritional therapy is just Ayurveda use to describe a powerful, classic concept for years . For people who struggle with anxiety, incorporating foods that reduce stress can go a long way.
Foods that reduce stress: The food/mood connection
Our brains require a constant supply of fuel. The foods we eat directly influence
Nuts are great snacks, and because they are crunchy and a little salty, they cure many cravings. For those trying to lose weight, they're such a potently satisfying combo of protein and fat. Cashews are an especially good source of zinc. Low levels of zinc have been linked to both anxiety and depression. Since our bodies have no way of storing zinc, it's important to get some every day. Trade cashews for other nuts on the plan when you're in the mood best is Almonds and walnuts
Almonds: Rich in all-important vitamins and minerals, these nuts also offer a good supply of healthy monounsaturated fats and iron. This perfect on-the-go snack will energize you for the day ahead so that you’re strong enough to resist the day’s stresses.
Oily fish: Fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines are frequent staples on anti-stress diet lists, and for good reason. Some studies have shown that eating oily fish regularly can be effective in helping combat stress. Plus, oily fish is great for heart health (it lowers the risk of heart attack), which is particularly important for older women who become vulnerable to heart problems with age due to declining estrogen levels.
Water: Don’t forget your water bottle! Dehydration is detrimental for your physical and mental well-being and, believe it or not, can promote anxiety. So, drink up your water and don’t forego other sources of liquid, such as soups, smoothies, and fresh fruits and veggies
Dr. Aruna brings with her years of experience in obstetrics, sensitive and patient approach to labouring patient with ongoing prenatal yoga sessions results in 90% normal vaginal deliveries even in previous caesarean patients.
Her expertise lies in minimally invasive gynaecological surgeries, High-risk pregnancies and vaginal birth after caesarean (VBAC) and Scarless Laproscopic Surgery. Dr. Aruna works with CK Birla Hospital, Gurugram where she is presently the Director and Senior Gynaecologist Surgeon.
Prenatal yoga can keep you limber, improves balance and circulation and is the ideal way to stay fit during pregnancy.
Yoga for 1st trimester:-
- BUTTERFLY POSE: Sit comfortably with sole of feet together, clasp the feet with both hands, gently bounce knees up and down. It relieves tiredness from the legs and inner thigh muscles.
Prenatal yoga keeps your BLOOD PRESSURE, and BLOOD SUGAR under control. It improves blood circulation for baby's proper growth. Wide leg deadlifts are a total body exercise, with special focus on lower back, upper back and leg muscles. Strengthening these muscles will help take pressure off your spine as your baby grows.
- SQUATS: squats train your gluteal muscles, your abs and back muscles.
Yoga for 2nd trimester:-
- Standing crunch: this crunch variation does not require you to lie on your back and prevents your head from moving below your heart.
- KEGELS: woman who practices kegels during pregnancy may have an easier delivery and may suffer from fewer bladder problems postpartum.
HOW TO: sit in a chair with both feet flat on the floor. As you exhale, contract your pelvic floor muscles, then release.
Yoga for 3rd trimester:-
- Biceps curls: Biceps curls are a safe and easy exercise to do in pregnancy plus you will need those muscles once your baby is born.
- Swimming: if you are in mood for some cardio, swimming is a great no impact exercise to do late in your pregnancy. The water allows you to move around freely, even with extra weight, and you won't risk harming your joints.
Prenatal yoga helps you to enjoy your pregnancy by staying fit and free from pregnancy associated symptoms and pregnancy associated diseases like pregnancy induced hypertension, gestational diabetes, intrauterine growth restriction of baby .Yoga strengthens your muscles for easy normal vaginal birth and improves your control on perineal muscles to prevent incontinence, a very common problem post delivery.
Importance of exercising right during pregnancy
The benefits of exercise are manifold. A gentle workout routine relieves some of the aches and pains that are inevitable in pregnancy; helps prepare your body for labour by strengthening your muscles and building endurance, and makes getting your body back in shape after delivery much easier. Exercise also alleviates physical discomforts like legs cramps and constipation. Optimum exercise during the day can also help you sleep better- a big plus for women suffering from pregnancy related insomnia.
1. Prepare your body for labour, without putting you or the growing baby under stress and that means no lifting weights and avoiding activities that put you at risk of falling like cycling, running, tennis etc.
Make sure you also never exercise to the point of exhaustion. If you can't hold a conversation while exercising, it indicates you need to slow down.
2. Don't let your body overheat, which means you must skip the sauna and jacuzzi as well.
Besides wearing comfortable cloths, wear sports shoes with a good grip, as well as a fitted sports bra that will offer firm and gentle support.
3. Avoid dehydration. Drink two full glasses of water about two hours before you exercise and keep topping up your fluid intake every 10 minutes or so.
In the days after she returns from the hospital with her new baby in tow, every new mom dreams of fitting back into her old jeans and this will not happen by just wishful thinking. A combination of breastfeeding, proper diet and exercise along with a positive mindset helps immensely.
To begin with it is not weight loss that is important, but “being fit” The focus should be on gentle stretching, mobility exercises, rest and good nutrition.
It is important to remember that any exercise is better than none at all and a slow start would give the necessary impetus to continue.
Exercises can begin as early as 6weeks from the date of delivery if it is a normal vaginal birth and 3 months if she delivers via a caesarean section.
Today's clothing styles have changed drastically necessitating a good figure and slender body. Unfortunately, this desire for the perfect body sometimes turns into an obsession with women hunting for that slightest bulge, which is often 'imagined'. A beautiful body will always inspire praise from the opposite sex, and the ideal slimness is a question of degree. But one thing is for sure, being fat is undesirable and unacceptable by our society today
Dr. Anup Dhir, Senior Consultant, Cosmetic Surgeon, Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, specialises in cosmetic & aesthetic surgery of the face and body discuss about LIPOSUCTION , TYPES OF LIPOSUCTION , RISKS ETC ..
WHAT IS LIPOSUCTION
Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty, is an aesthetic surgery operation that removes fat from many different sites on the human body. Liposuction can remove localised collections of tiny fatty tissue in many areas of the body. By using a high vaccum device, the surgeon can suction fat from the legs, buttocks, hips, abdomen, back, arms, face and neck with help of a cannula.This surgery may be done under general anaesthesia or local anaesthesia as a day care surgery.
WHY PEOPLE WANT TO GO THROUGH THIS PROCEDURE
The main purpose of liposuction is to reshape one or more areas of your body, not to reduce body weight. Liposuction is typically used on resistant areas that have not responded well to diet and exercise. These locked fat areas are often on the outer thighs and hips on women and the waist and back on men. The face, neck, abdomen, back, buttocks, legs, and upper arms are all commonly treated areas.
Liposuction is neither a substitute for proper diet and exercise nor a cure for obesity. To get the most from this procedure, you should be of average weight with extra fat localized in specific areas. It is also important that you have healthy, elastic skin with the capacity to shrink evenly after surgery. Since liposuction removes only fat, it cannot eliminate dimpling or correct skin laxity.
The tumescent technique, superficial lipo-sculpture, ultrasound-assisted lipoplasty ,power assisted liposuction or other variations of conventional liposuction may be recommended by your surgeon, depending on the specific needs and the surgeon's preferred methods of treatment.
If your skin has lost much of its elasticity, your plastic surgeon may recommend a skin tightening procedure (abdominoplasty, thigh lift, buttock lift or arm lift). These procedures are effective but leave more extensive scars.
Following surgery, you will wear a dressing or a pressure garment, for six weeks, to promote skin shrinkage and to minimize swelling and skin discoloration. In recent years, improved techniques have made liposuction safer, easier, and less painful. These newer techniques include:
In this technique, large amount of an anaesthetic solution containing lidocaine and epinephrine is injected into the fatty tissue before traditional liposuction is done. Tumescent liposuction may not require general anaesthesia.
Vaser or Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance is the trade name for an ultrasound-assisted liposuction system. During Vaser liposuction procedure, fatty tissues are extracted from your body by using sound waves. These sound waves emulsify targeted fat cells. The sound energy gets transmitted through small probes. These sound waves enter the holes and vibrate rapidly to produce ultrasound energy. This energy that penetrates inside your body breaks the cellular membrane and discharges the lipid content.
Vaser liposuction has the advantages of lower blood loss & improved skin retraction & is being offered at the Image Medical Center
This technique uses low-energy waves to liquefy the fat, which is removed through a small cannula.
Liposuction is a routinely done surgery at Image medical centre and Dr Anup Dhir has extensive experience f all these techniques and has been organising teaching courses on newer techniques.
The risk of complications is usually associated with how large the procedure is, as well as the surgeon's skills and specific training.
The following risks, unpleasant side effects, or complications are possible:
- Severe bruising: This can last for several weeks.
- Inflammation: The swelling may take up to 6 months to settle, and fluid may continue to ooze from the incisions.
- Thrombophlebitis: A blood clot forms in a vein, causing inflammation and further complications.
- Contour irregularities: If there is poor skin elasticity, if the wound heals in an unusual way, or if fat removal has been uneven, the skin may appear withered, wavy, or bumpy.
- Numbness: The affected area may feel numb for a while, but this is usually temporary.
- Infections: Rarely, a skin infection may occur after liposuction surgery. Sometimes this needs to be treated surgically, with the risk of scarring.
- Internal organ punctures: This is very rare.
- Death: Anesthesia involves a small risk of death.
- Kidney or heart problems: As fluids are being injected and or suctioned, the change in the body's fluid levels may cause kidney or heart problems.
- Pulmonary embolism: Fat gets into the blood vessels and travels to the lungs, blocking the circulation in the lungs. This can be life-threatening.
- Pulmonary edema: Sometimes, when fluid is injected into the body, it accumulates in the lungs.
- Allergic reaction: The patient may be allergic to medications or materials used during surgery.
- Skin burns: The cannula movement may cause friction burns to the skin or nerves.
Cost in India
Can cost between 75 thousand to 2 lakhs 50 thousand depending on the areas treated.